August 27, 2020
- In the mid-1950s, Charles A. Gaetano was a successful and highly regarded masonry contractor operating a small crew in the Utica, NY area.
- By 1960, as his business continually improved and word of mouth spread, the scope of Gaetano's projects significantly broadened and the staff was expanded to accommodate this growing need for quality building and contracting services. As a result, the Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation was founded.
- We are now a second-generation, full-service General Contracting, Construction Management, and Design Build construction firm. We have completed projects for clients in the Commercial, Industrial, Health Care, and Apartment Construction markets, as well as for Government agencies. Current annual sales average between $50-60 million.
- We self-perform concrete foundations, Butler steel building erection, and various interior finishes.
- We have an office staff of 24; our field staff includes 18 project superintendents and 30-70 field staff.
- In 1982, we acquired the Butler Manufacturing Company's pre-engineered steel building franchise for Oneida, Madison and Herkimer counties. Over that period of time, we have proudly completed more than 2.5 million square feet of Design Build projects utilizing Butler components.
- Our Design Build capabilities and volume continues to grow with many renovation, Butler Building, and conventional projects.
- Our Construction Management projects for developers and other private clients are a large part of our volume.
- We also do many small renovation projects for local industries in existing facilities.
- We have been a vital member of the Utica business community for more than 50 years. We actively support many non-profit organizations and participate in many community events.