May 31, 2018
Jean Burke Residence Custom Vacation Homes/Custom Wood Framed Projects
Old Forge, New York
Jean Burke Residence-Custom Log Home
Project Manager: David Kleps, VP Design Build,
Superintendent: Sean McNamara
A 1,950 SF Custom 3 Bedroom 2 ½ bath Log Home
The Katahdin Cedar Log Home materials were provided by the owner. The original plans by Kathdin were modified in-house by our drafting staff to meet the changes the owner requested.
We completed all aspects of the project from start to finish. The project features:
• An in-floor radiant heat slab on grade and concrete foundation
• Exterior walls were furred and insulated with 2” rigid board and tongue and groove cedar boards.
• The interior partitions, window and door trim were finished with pine interior for a beautiful contrast
• The kitchen and bathrooms feature custom hickory cabinetry and granite countertops
• The heating system is through a high efficiency combination heat and hot water boiler operating with low temp water with adjustable temperature radiators in each room upstairs. Also included is a Heat Recovery Ventilator providing continuous humidity controlled fresh air
• The home also features beautiful Meyda tiffany stained glass chandeliers and sconces
Click on a thumbnail to view large image.