May 31, 2018
The PeopleView All People
Ms. Miller has joined our Project Management team bringing with her over seven years of experience in the construction industry having a strong background in Civil Engineering along with all other aspects of commercial construction. She has been involved in developing the scopes of projects, estimating, and construction management along with creating and implementing policies and procedures for an expanding excavation company. Monica's background includes working with a variey of state agencies both public and private including colleges/universities, a maximum security prison, a health care center, a pedestrian trail and visitor center.
As Project manager, Monica is responsible for facilitating communication between owners and the construction team. Her duties include preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals, change orders and estimates including proposals. She also maintains project schedules and coordinates direct manpower, including subcontractors.
Mohawk Correction Facility - (2) Additions: Exterior Utilities Maximum Security Prison - Hospital Wing. Contract value $800,000
SUNY Oneonta - Fitzelle Hall - (2) Additions; Exterior Utilities - Contract value $1M
Marist College - North Campus Housing Phase 1 - (2) New Dormitory buildings; Exterior utilities - Contract value $1.8M
- (5/2011 - 6/2018) - Project Manager/Estimator/General Manager - Stewart's Logging & Excavation, Newport , NY
- (2007 - 2010) - Summer School Science Teacher - BOCES, Utica, NY
- (2000 - 2003) - Residential Manager of (2) Individual Residential Alternative Programs - Herkimer Area Resource Center
- (1995 - 1999) - Assistant Director-Residential Alternative Program - Center for Disability Service, Albany, NY
Education & Training
- SUNY IT, Marcy, NY - B.S. Civil Engineering Technology
- Whitman School of Management - Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY - Management Minor
- Herkimer County Community College, Herkimer, NY - A.A.S.
- OSHA 30-Hour Course in Construction
- AGC Courses in Project Manager Development
- SBDC - Subcontractor Training with Turner Construction
- Certificate of Erosion & Sediment Control Training (SWPPP)