View All People
With over 20 years experience in the construction field, Rob Munson has served primarily in the healthcare, educational and housing areas of construction. Mr. Munson's communication and organizational skills are outstanding which assisted him in managing several (as many as four) multimillion dollar projects simultaneously.
As Project Manager, Rob is responsible for facilitating communication between owners and the construction team. His duties include preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals change orders and estimates including proposals. He also maintains project schedules and coordinates direct manpower, including subcontractors.
Mr. Munson has outstandingly supervised all phases of general construction. His technical specialties include Construction Management, Estimating, Architecture, and Mechanical and Electrical Equipment. He excels at projects with aggressive schedules.
Rob is a certified NYS Building Inspector and was ASHE certified in the fall of 2004. In addition he has successfully completed the OSHA 10 Hr. Training Course and is presently working toward the LEED AP designation. He recently achieved the LEED Green Associate Credential.
Hutchings Psychiatric Center, Syracuse, NY
$7.6M This project is for the New York State Office of Mental Health included DASNY as the Construction Manager. Some of the highlights of this project included (2) new 3 story CMU additions along with the total gut renovation of the existing 36,000 SF Mental Health Facility. Major components of the project involved a new commercial kitchen and a large dining commons, new mechanical & electrical systems, new security windows, new curtain walls, new built-up roof with safety rails and a roof walkway, all new interior finishes as well as a reconfigured site with all new site utilities, courtyards, and various site amenities. The project is seeking LEED Silver Certification from the USGBC.
A.O. Fox Hospital, Oneonta, NY
$1 M Interior renovations of 1st and 2nd floor patient rooms. The 27,000 SF interior fit-out involved all new interior finishes including new architectural millwork, solid surface shower units, all new specialties, doors, frames and hardware.
St. Elizabeth's Medical Center - Lab Expansion & Renovation
$2.1 M Phase 1 of the expansion consisted of a 5600 SF renovation of an existing sleep lab as well as a 2-story addition that included a new specimen receiving room & mechanical space. The pre-existing 5100 SF lab will be renovated as part of Phase 2 to give the hospital a new 10,000 SF state-of-the-art laboratory.
Bassett Healthcare, Little Falls Primary Care Facility
$1.6M, Construction of a new 4800 SF primary care facility on the Little Falls Hospital campus. The new facility has seven exam rooms, a treatment room, a lab, four offices and support areas.
SUNY Morrisville, Hospitality Suite
$825,000 Located in the upper level of the new Morrisville Athletic Field Stadium, this up-scale multi-use space is complete with facilities for conferences and banquets. There is a large glass curtain wall overlooking the new Athletic Field that allows for optimum viewing of all game day activities. The fit-out of this space included kitchen facilties, (2) large seating areas, conference area and bar-serving area.
SUNY Morrisville, Athletic Field
$5.3 M Replacement of the existing grass football field with a new all-purpose Synthetic Turf Field. Drainage and MUSCO lighting improvements were installed, as well as a new 13,000 SF Stadium building with Team Rooms, Concessions, Toilet Rooms, Press Box and a 3,000-seat capacity grandstand bleacher system.
SUNY Morrisville, Oneida Hall
$3.9 M Complete renovation of a 1960's Dormitory that included upgrades to the bathroom facilities, interior finishes, window replacement, electrical systems and addition of a new fire protection sprinkler system and new sidewalks.
Little Falls Hospital, Renovations, Additions and Alterations
$2.9 M Renovation of the existing Emergency Department, 3rd Floor Patient Rooms, Ground Floor Reception area as well as a new covered handicapped accessible entrance way. Work progressed in the hospital while it remained open and was completed in 12 months.
SUNY Morrisville, Cayuga Residence Hall
$4.95 M DASNY project for the renovation and alterations to the existing 100 room Residence Hall. Project completed in 10 months and ready for occupancy for the 2008 fall semester.
Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES, New Hartford
$10.5 million expansion and renovation of the Middle Settlement Road campus.
Cuccaro Residence, White Lake, NY
Project involved the construction of a 2-story addition to the existing camp on the shores of White Lake in the Central Adirondacks. The addition consisted of a new master bedroom with cedar closets, a new master bathroom, large enclosed screened-in porch, a large wrap around deck and new energy efficient windows. Project started in the fall of 2007 and was completed in early May of 2008.
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, NY - Project Manager, 2/2002 to present
- A.R. Mack Construction, Syracuse, NY - Estimator, 7/2001 to 12/2001
- Space Design, Inc., Schenectady, NY - Project Manager, 9/1998 to 6/2001
- Department of Urban & Economical Development, Utica, NY - Director of Bureau of Housing, and Housing Development Specialist, 10/1988 to 7/1998
Affiliations & Awards
- Utica Boilermaker Road Race, Elite Runners Logistic Coordinator
- Entertainment Director for America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk, American Heart Association
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC) Upstate NY Chapter, Communication Committee
- Falling Leaves Road Race Committee
- Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Finance Committee
- American Heart Association Volunteer Leadership Award for Fit-Friendly Companies
- Recycle-One business Certification Coordinator
- American Hockey League ((AHL) Off-Ice Offical
Continuing Education / Training
- Utica College of Syracuse University, Utica, NY - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Construction Management
- OSHA 10 Hour Course 2012
- LEED AP Training - On-Line and Core / Curriculum
- (AGC) Associated General Contractors, Estimating Academy
- Accredited LEED Green Associate since 2010
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED Core Concepts & Strategies Course
- National Center for Biomedical Research & Training, Academy of Counter-Terrorist Course