Gaetano Construction Celebrates 30 Years as a Butler Builder
Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corp. of Utica is celebrating its 30th year as a franchised builder of Butler Manufacturing Company's pre-engineered buildings
Gaetano became a Butler franchisee in September of 1982 and has completed over 2.5 million square feet of pre-engineered building projects throughout central and northern New York.
Among the many clients and projects for which Gaetano has constructed Butler pre-engineered buildings include American Alloy Steel, Rome, NY; PLC Trenching, Clinton, NY; Harley-Davidson Stores for the Carbone Auto Group in Yorkville & Amsterdam, NY; Northern Safety Co., Meyda Tiffany, and Tri-Valley Beverage all in the Utica, NY area. Gaetano has also been involved in many other smaller projects and renovations of all sizes.
New projects currently underway include an 18,000 SF expansion to the American Alloy Steel building, expansion to the Nirvana Water plant, the Bio-digester project at the F.X. Matts Brewing Co. and a Keg Cooler addition at Tri-Valley Beverage.
David Kleps, Vice-President of Gaetano's Design-Build/Butler Building Division, has managed the Butler business since its inception.
"Our organization is very proud of the long-term relationship we've built with Butler Manufacturing as well as our distinguished association with them as a quality organization that provides a quality product," Kleps said. "We deeply appreciate their recognition of us as a respected business partner and look forward to continuing this exclusive relationship with them for many years to come."
Gaetano is also designated as a Butler Career Builder, which recognizes them as having a long-term commitment to selling and constructing Butler's products.
Butler Manufacturing, a division of Blue Scope Steel, is recognized as the world leader in pre-engineered building systems. Founded in 1901, Butler maintains eight manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Mexico and Saudi Arabia, and has more than 1,400 builder partners worldwide.
For more information on Gaetano Construction and Butler buildings, please click on Design-Build under our "Services", view any of our "Clients" with the Butler Logo, or visit Butler Manufacturing at http://www.butlermfg.com
Meet our Renovation and Repair Team
David L. Kleps
Vice President, Design-Build
David Kleps has over 35 years of professional experience in the construction field. He has extensive experience with the Design/Build delivery method and has worked on a wide range of new building, renovation, and expansion projects.
His accomplishments include over 100 completed projects ranging from $300,000 to $6,000,000. These projects represent diverse industries and uses such as commercial/industrial renovations and re-roofing, warehousing, manufacturing, distribution, and professional offices.
Mr. Kleps joined the Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation in 1979. He had served as manager of the Butler Buildings Division since 1982, Vice President, Design/Build since 2001, and built over 2.5 million square-feet of projects to date, and has established Gaetano as the area leader in Butler and Design/Build work.
Mr. Kleps has an outstanding reputation, especially for the great rapport he establishes with owners, designers, subcontractors and employees. His technical, managerial and interpersonal skills insure that projects are completed to the ultimate satisfaction of all clients.
Feldmeier Equipment, Littler Falls, NY
This $3.7 Million new 44,000 sf Manufacturing Plant included pile-supported foundations measuring just 70' wide but is 600' long and nearly 50' in height. The building has (6) 15-ton bridge cranes for the manufacturing of stainless steel tanks for the Dairy & Beverage industry. This project also included a 2,000 sf office and employee support building.
ELG Utica Alloys-Steel recycling Facility, Herkimer, NY
This $2.3 Million project included a complete roof replacement, renovations to the 16,000 sf offices and plant restrooms, new truck access doors and truck scale, equipment foundations, and major mechanical and electrical work for the processing equipment.
FX Matt Brewery Co-Anaerobic Bio-Digester, Utica, NY
This $1.1 Million project included a 5,000 sf Pump House, and a 2,000 sf Bio-Gas Storage Building. This will enable the company to provide up to 50% of their electrical needs.
American Alloy Steel, Rome, NY
60,000 square-foot, $4.7 million design/build steel plant distribution facility and offices completed in 2009. 18,0000 square foot $1.2 million addition including two more 20-ton bridge cranes completed in 2012.
Matts Brewery, Utica, NY
$5.0 million renovation of canning area and 25,000 square-foot warehouse addition. The new addition connects the main plant and the existing garage and features geo-thermal wells for heating and cooling of the Warehous. A 4,000 sf covered Keg Platform was added along with (5) new loading docks.
Meyda Tiffany, Yorkville, NY - 1996 Warehouse and 2001 Warehouse, Office and Showroom expansion.
The 24,000 square-foot Warehouse in 1996 was Mr. Kleps' first project with this client. The high level of satisfaction with this project led to the negotiation of the 2001 83,000 square-foot, $3.0 million major expansion and renovation project.
Northern Safety Co., Frankfort, NY - Corporate Headquarters and Distribution Center
This $4.0 million, 90,000 square-foot office and distribution center completed in 1999 led to the 60,000 square-foot, design/build warehouse expansion two years later in 2001.
Tri Valley Beverage, Westmoreland, NY
Original 25,000 square-foot Beer Distribution facility and office, in 1985, expanded (3) times since original project, now totaling over 60,000 square-feet.
Utica Convertors, Utica, NY
96,000 square-foot Manufacturing Facility, leased through Butler Real Estate.
A.A.S. Degree in Construction Technology
State University of New York at Canton.
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Vice-President, Design/Build, 2001-Present
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Manager, Butler Buildings Division, 1982-2001
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Estimator and Assistant Project Manager, 1979-1982
- Sysorex International, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Field Supervisor, 1978-1979
- Raiser Construction Company in San Mateo, CA -Draftsman-Coordinator, 1978-1978
- Riggalls Construction Inc. in Rome, NY - Draftsman-Estimator, 1977-1978
Affiliations & Awards
- Member Mohawk Valley Construction Industry Workforce Committee
- Board Member of Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) of NYS
- Recipient of (20) High Performance and (8) Million Dollar* sales awards from Butler Manufacturing Company
- Butler Career Builder designation; long term commitment to mutual relationship between Butler Manufacturing and Gaetano
Continuing Education / Training
- OSHA 10 Hour Course
- (AGC) Associated General Contractors, Advanced Project Management Course
- Butler Manufacturing, Various Sales, Product, Pricing Seminars
Estimator/Project Manager, Design-Build
Mr. Saltsman joined Gaetano Construction Corporation upon his graduation from SUNY Delhi in 2003 with a degree in Construction Management. Upon his hire, Mr. Saltsman began as an estimator, and has grown with the Corporation to the Design/Build Division as drafter, estimator and project manager.
Mr. Saltsman's responsibilities consist of in-house architectural design that is reviewed by licensed architects and engineers, through the use of computer-aided drafting software such as AutoCAD and Revit 3-D BIM. As estimator, his responsibilities consist of total pricing, as well as subcontractor and supplier pricing.
Mr. Saltsman has also been involved in project management with Butler Buildings in a range of building, renovation, and expansion projects. His wide-ranging abilities have made him an asset to the Corporation.
Accelerate Sports - New Butler Building - 104,000 SF Sports Complex - Whitesboro, NY
Structure is a 275' x 300' pre-engineered Butler building containing a 155' clear span x 300' multi-purpose sports turf, a 14' wide x 900' (4-lane) elevated running track overlooking the field, (3) full-size basketball courts, 10,000 SF multi-purpose mezzanine with room for (8-10) batting cages. Locker/bathroom area, pro-shop, and a 5,000 SF fitness center on the main floor. $3.4M project
American Alloy Steel - New Butler Building & Two Expansions - Rome, NY
- 2008 New construction of a 58,000 SF pre-engineered Butler building for use as a steel plate manufacturing facility. Building includes (4) 20-Ton Bridge Cranes, 5,000 SF office space and rail spur. $4.6M project
- 2012 First Expansion 18,000 SF of added warehouse with an additional (2) 20-Ton Bridge Cranes. $1.2M project
- 2015 Second Expansion 20,000 SF of added warehouse with an additional (2) 20-Ton Bridge Cranes. $1.7M project
Alan Byer Volvo - Addition & Renovation - Rt. 12, Utica, NY
3,200 SF Shop addition using Butler's Shadowall Siding & BR-II Roof system. The former shop area (approximately 990 SF) was transformed into a new service write-up lane, car showroom, manager's office & break room. $450,000 project
Feldmeier Equipment - New Building - Little Falls, NY
44,000 SF manufacturing plant-Design/build Butler building, 70' W x 600'L and nearly 50' in height. Installed (6) 15-ton bridge cranes for manufacturing stainless steel tanks for the Dairy & Beverage industry, 2,000 SF office & employee support building, a 5-acre site development & heavy equipment foundations. $3.6M project
Northern Safety - Screen Print Renovations
8,000 SF interior renovations of the former Faster Form building to accommodate their new screen printing operation. $515,000 project
ELG - Utica Alloys - Relocation & Design/Build Renovation
160,000 SF renovation of former factory facility in Herkimer. A complete roof replacement, renovations to the 16,000 sf offices and plant restrooms, new truck access doors and truck scale, Equipment foundations and major mechanical and electrical work for the processing equipment. $3M project
Power Line Trenchers - 4 Buildings
New construction in 2006 - 13,000 square-foot maintenance garage and lunchroom, 16,000 square-foot expansion. Expansion in 2008 - 16,000 square foot shop added, 10,000 square-foot class "A" office and a 3,200 square foot executive garage. $3,135,000 project
Titanium Processors - Renovation
63,000 square-foot fit out of existing building shell with 12,600 square-foot office and 50,400 square-foot production area. $807,000 project
S. R. Sloan - New Construction
61,500 square-foot production facility and office. $2,300,000 project
Empire Recycling, Utica
New load out building and heavy concrete project, with wood & steel piles. $1,124,000 project
A.A.S. in Construction Management
SUNY Delhi, Delhi, New York
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Design/Build Division Draftsman/Estimator/Project Manager 2005-Present
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Estimating 2003-2005
- OSHA 10 Hour Course
- N.Y.S. (GBC) General Building Contractors, Future Construction Leaders Course
- Butler Manufacturing - Various Product & Pricing Training
- LEED Training Classes - Conventional and Design-Build Construction
- Accredited LEED Green Associate
Estimator/Project Manager, Design-Build
Mr. O'Bryant who has over 12 years of construction knowledge and expertise has joined Gaetano Construction's Design-Build staff. Eric is a graduate of Austin Community College, Austin, Texas with an A.A.S. Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Design-Architectural specialization. He was previously employed by McDonald & Monterose Architects as a project manager.
Eric's responsibilities consist of in-house architectural design that is reviewed by licensed architects and engineers, through the use of computer-aided drafting software such as Revit & AutoCAD. As estimator, his responsibilities include material take-off and labor estimates, as well as subcontractor and supplier pricing. As project manager he will be also be involved with negotiating subcontracts and purchase orders as well as establishing project schedules and coordinating overall activities to complete each project. Mr. O'Bryant is presently participating in a LEED training and certification course.
Because Eric has been involved in a wide range of construction projects, he is a valuable asset to our company.
(Presently) Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corp. (Assistant Project Manager/Estimator)
Black River Outdoor Education Program (BROEP)-New Office, Boonville/Forestport, NY 2,000 SF Office Building with high-level finishes, cedar-shake exterior, triple-glazed windows & doors, spray-foam insulation, pre-finished cherry interior walls, plaster ceiling, slate flooring, granite countertops, cherry cabinetry, heat-recovery ventilator, high-efficiency boiler, hot water baseboard heat with cast iron radiators, and custom lighting.
(2010-2013) McDonald & Monterose Architects (Project Manager)
- Utica Mutual Insurance Re-roofing, 17,500 SF- Complete study & design for new roof & wall flashing - $610,000
- Hamilton College-Carnegie Hall Re-roofing, 8,500 SF-Complete study & design for new roof - $400,000
- Deerfield Town Offices & Highway Garage Renovations Extensive remedial work to the building shell of the garage. - $178,000.
- Town Office work involved 2 phases.
- Phase 1 focused on roof repair, Window replacements and a new ADA compliant Vestibule was added to main entrance - $215,000
- Phase 2 extensive renovation to offices, board room & senior's center - $260,000
- CACI Office Relocation, Rome, NY 4,500 SF, 2-level fit-out for offices, conference rooms, reception area and lower level SCIF (Secured Compartmentalized Information Facility) Lab, Staff Support spaces and networking facilities including installation of ADA-compliant LULA elevator - $600,000
- 2006-2007 Minyard Plumbing & Heating
- 2002-2006 U.S. Army
- 1998-2002 Apprentice Plumber
- A.A.S. in Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Design-Architectural Specialization, Austin Community College, Austin, Texas
- Certificate in Architectural & engineering Computer Aided Design Civil Specialization, Austin Community College, Austin Texas