Old Forge Custom Home Builder
Being an Old Forge Custom Home Builder is a part of Gaetano Construction's full service offerings, which include a wide variety of commercial and residential services. From vacation homes and residences to commercial offices and smaller buildings, we have completed several custom Old Forge building projects for clients and subcontractors in the central Adirondack and Old Forge areas of New York.
We work with architects who specialize in custom homes and have superintendents, field crews, and sub-contractors who are also experienced in this area. Our latest project as an Old Forge Custom Home Builder is a 4,000 square foot home on Second Lake in Old Forge.
Owners can depend on us for the highest quality of craftsmanship and assured completion schedules. Whether it's an addition, renovation, or brand new construction, trust Gaetano Construction to be your Old Forge Custom Home Builder.
Other Vacation Homes/Custom Wood Framed Projects
Working with custom wood framed buildings is not typical for most contractors our size. However, as we continued to complete custom home projects over the years, we have expanded our staff of experienced open shop superintendents and crews. Our staff has also completed smaller wood framed projects, such as pole buildings and other specialty use buildings.
One particular client that we have completed several custom wood framed projects for is the Black River Environmental Outdoor Education Program in Forestport and Boonville, NY. This non-profit organization, supported by a private family trust, teaches outdoor sports such as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, mountain biking and kayaking to elementary and junior high students.
Over the past two years, we have completed four custom designed storage buildings for the Black River Environmental Outdoor Education Program, including a beautiful "Warming Hut" at the Black River campus, and several restorations at the Operations Center, and the family residences.
Other services we offer:
Meet our Old Forge Custom Home Builder Team
David L. Kleps
Vice President, Design-Build
David Kleps has over 35 years of professional experience in the construction field. He has extensive experience with the Design/Build delivery method and has worked on a wide range of new building, renovation, and expansion projects.
His accomplishments include over 100 completed projects ranging from $300,000 to $6,000,000. These projects represent diverse industries and uses such as commercial/industrial renovations and re-roofing, warehousing, manufacturing, distribution, and professional offices.
Mr. Kleps joined the Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation in 1979. He had served as manager of the Butler Buildings Division since 1982, Vice President, Design/Build since 2001, and built over 2.5 million square-feet of projects to date, and has established Gaetano as the area leader in Butler and Design/Build work.
Mr. Kleps has an outstanding reputation, especially for the great rapport he establishes with owners, designers, subcontractors and employees. His technical, managerial and interpersonal skills insure that projects are completed to the ultimate satisfaction of all clients.
Feldmeier Equipment, Littler Falls, NY
This $3.7 Million new 44,000 sf Manufacturing Plant included pile-supported foundations measuring just 70' wide but is 600' long and nearly 50' in height. The building has (6) 15-ton bridge cranes for the manufacturing of stainless steel tanks for the Dairy & Beverage industry. This project also included a 2,000 sf office and employee support building.
ELG Utica Alloys-Steel recycling Facility, Herkimer, NY
This $2.3 Million project included a complete roof replacement, renovations to the 16,000 sf offices and plant restrooms, new truck access doors and truck scale, equipment foundations, and major mechanical and electrical work for the processing equipment.
FX Matt Brewery Co-Anaerobic Bio-Digester, Utica, NY
This $1.1 Million project included a 5,000 sf Pump House, and a 2,000 sf Bio-Gas Storage Building. This will enable the company to provide up to 50% of their electrical needs.
American Alloy Steel, Rome, NY
60,000 square-foot, $4.7 million design/build steel plant distribution facility and offices completed in 2009. 18,0000 square foot $1.2 million addition including two more 20-ton bridge cranes completed in 2012.
Matts Brewery, Utica, NY
$5.0 million renovation of canning area and 25,000 square-foot warehouse addition. The new addition connects the main plant and the existing garage and features geo-thermal wells for heating and cooling of the Warehous. A 4,000 sf covered Keg Platform was added along with (5) new loading docks.
Meyda Tiffany, Yorkville, NY - 1996 Warehouse and 2001 Warehouse, Office and Showroom expansion.
The 24,000 square-foot Warehouse in 1996 was Mr. Kleps' first project with this client. The high level of satisfaction with this project led to the negotiation of the 2001 83,000 square-foot, $3.0 million major expansion and renovation project.
Northern Safety Co., Frankfort, NY - Corporate Headquarters and Distribution Center
This $4.0 million, 90,000 square-foot office and distribution center completed in 1999 led to the 60,000 square-foot, design/build warehouse expansion two years later in 2001.
Tri Valley Beverage, Westmoreland, NY
Original 25,000 square-foot Beer Distribution facility and office, in 1985, expanded (3) times since original project, now totaling over 60,000 square-feet.
Utica Convertors, Utica, NY
96,000 square-foot Manufacturing Facility, leased through Butler Real Estate.
A.A.S. Degree in Construction Technology
State University of New York at Canton.
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Vice-President, Design/Build, 2001-Present
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Manager, Butler Buildings Division, 1982-2001
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Estimator and Assistant Project Manager, 1979-1982
- Sysorex International, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Field Supervisor, 1978-1979
- Raiser Construction Company in San Mateo, CA -Draftsman-Coordinator, 1978-1978
- Riggalls Construction Inc. in Rome, NY - Draftsman-Estimator, 1977-1978
Affiliations & Awards
- Member Mohawk Valley Construction Industry Workforce Committee
- Board Member of Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) of NYS
- Recipient of (20) High Performance and (8) Million Dollar* sales awards from Butler Manufacturing Company
- Butler Career Builder designation; long term commitment to mutual relationship between Butler Manufacturing and Gaetano
Continuing Education / Training
- OSHA 10 Hour Course
- (AGC) Associated General Contractors, Advanced Project Management Course
- Butler Manufacturing, Various Sales, Product, Pricing Seminars
Estimator/Project Manager, Design-Build
Mr. O'Bryant who has over 12 years of construction knowledge and expertise has joined Gaetano Construction's Design-Build staff. Eric is a graduate of Austin Community College, Austin, Texas with an A.A.S. Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Design-Architectural specialization. He was previously employed by McDonald & Monterose Architects as a project manager.
Eric's responsibilities consist of in-house architectural design that is reviewed by licensed architects and engineers, through the use of computer-aided drafting software such as Revit & AutoCAD. As estimator, his responsibilities include material take-off and labor estimates, as well as subcontractor and supplier pricing. As project manager he will be also be involved with negotiating subcontracts and purchase orders as well as establishing project schedules and coordinating overall activities to complete each project. Mr. O'Bryant is presently participating in a LEED training and certification course.
Because Eric has been involved in a wide range of construction projects, he is a valuable asset to our company.
(Presently) Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corp. (Assistant Project Manager/Estimator)
Black River Outdoor Education Program (BROEP)-New Office, Boonville/Forestport, NY 2,000 SF Office Building with high-level finishes, cedar-shake exterior, triple-glazed windows & doors, spray-foam insulation, pre-finished cherry interior walls, plaster ceiling, slate flooring, granite countertops, cherry cabinetry, heat-recovery ventilator, high-efficiency boiler, hot water baseboard heat with cast iron radiators, and custom lighting.
(2010-2013) McDonald & Monterose Architects (Project Manager)
- Utica Mutual Insurance Re-roofing, 17,500 SF- Complete study & design for new roof & wall flashing - $610,000
- Hamilton College-Carnegie Hall Re-roofing, 8,500 SF-Complete study & design for new roof - $400,000
- Deerfield Town Offices & Highway Garage Renovations Extensive remedial work to the building shell of the garage. - $178,000.
- Town Office work involved 2 phases.
- Phase 1 focused on roof repair, Window replacements and a new ADA compliant Vestibule was added to main entrance - $215,000
- Phase 2 extensive renovation to offices, board room & senior's center - $260,000
- CACI Office Relocation, Rome, NY 4,500 SF, 2-level fit-out for offices, conference rooms, reception area and lower level SCIF (Secured Compartmentalized Information Facility) Lab, Staff Support spaces and networking facilities including installation of ADA-compliant LULA elevator - $600,000
- 2006-2007 Minyard Plumbing & Heating
- 2002-2006 U.S. Army
- 1998-2002 Apprentice Plumber
- A.A.S. in Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Design-Architectural Specialization, Austin Community College, Austin, Texas
- Certificate in Architectural & engineering Computer Aided Design Civil Specialization, Austin Community College, Austin Texas
News articles related to Old Forge Custom Home Builder Projects: