View All People
Mr. Nish came to our company as a Construction Project Manager with extensive experience in the construction industry including 18 years of solid history in leadership of numerous multi-million dollar projects in planning and development. His extensive range of experience includes full collaboration with management and cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams, and a track record of excellence in solving problems. Adept, articulate, tactful, and diplomatic in creating a professional relationship with clients.
As a Project Manager, Mark is responsible for facilitating communication between owners and the construction team. His duties include preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals change orders and estimates including proposals. He also maintains project schedules and coordinates direct manpower, including subcontractors.
Globe Mills, Utica, NY
Restore the historic integrity of the complex, as well as turning the 150,000 SF of the buildings into 49, 1-3 bedroom units, and commercial and retail space. Value ~ $34M Sequoyah
National Golf Course, Whittier, NC
Golf course planning, master planning and budget management collaborating with world class golf club architect, designer, engineers, irrigation professionals.
Turning Stone Casino
Provided leadership successfully in creating a world-class resort/casino complex, managing and supervising six project manager developing Oneida Nation properties, gaming floor renovations, spa, golf dome and construction of three professional PGA quality golf courses, club houses and amenities
- (2018-Present) – Project Manager – Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corp, Utica, NY
- (2009-2018) – Project Manager/Estimator Handling Multi-Million Dollar Projects – Zausmer Frisch Construction, Inc.Syracuse, NY
- (2007-2008) – Senior Project Manager/Contract Hire (Golf Course Planning – Landscapes Unlimited in Lincoln, Nebraska
- (1998-2007) – Director of Construction/Senior Project Manager – Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona, NY
- (1988-1998) – Director of NDT steel Division – WJ Peters Inspection Services , East Syracuse, NY
- (1976-1988) – Served on a Team providing QA/QC & Inspections – Pittsburgh Testing Laboratory, Pittsburgh PA
Education & Training
- Cornell University: Johnson School Leadership Development Program sponsored by Oneida Indian Nation
- NYS DEC – Storm Water Prevention Training
- State University of New York: Continuing Education Program in Community Planning-Landscape Architecture
- Pittsburgh Testing Laboratory: 5-year Certification program in Technical Civil/Non-Destructive Examine, Radiology and Ultrasonic Theories, certified ASNT-NDT Level II
- American Welding Society: AWS CAWI Certified
- OSHA 30 Hour