August 27, 2020
The PeopleView All People
Ms. Miller has joined our Project Management team bringing with her over seven years of experience in the construction industry having a strong background in Civil Engineering along with all other aspects of commercial construction. She has been involved in developing the scopes of projects, estimating, and construction management along with creating and implementing policies and procedures for an expanding excavation company. Monica's background includes working with a variety of state agencies both public and private including colleges/universities, a maximum security prison, a health care center, a pedestrian trail and visitor center.
As Project Manager, Monica is responsible for facilitating communication between owners and the construction team. Her duties include preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals change orders and estimates including proposals. She also maintains project schedules and coordinates direct manpower, including subcontractors.
Monica's education and expertise in the construction industry make her a valuable resource to our corporation.
- (2011-2018) – Project Manager/Estimator/General Mgr. – Stewart's Logging &Excavation, Newport, NY
- (2007-2010) – Summer School Science Teacher – BOCES, Utica, NY
- (2000-2003) – Residential Mgr. of (2) Individual Residential Alternative Programs – Herkimer Area Resource Ctr.
- (1995-1999) – Assistant Director-Residential Alternative Program – Center for Disability Services, Albany, NY
- Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired – Rehabilitation Center
- Mohawk Correctional Facility – (2) Additions: Exterior Utilities Maximum Security Prison – Hospital Wing. Value $800,000
- SUNY Oneonta – Fitzelle Hall – (2) Additions; Exterior Utilities – Value $1M
- Marist College – North Campus Housing Phase 1 – (2) New Dormitory Buildings; Exterior Utilities – Value $1.8M
Education & Training
- B.S. Civil Engineering Technology – SUNY IT, Marcy, NY
- Management Minor-Whitman School of Management-Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- A.A.S. – Herkimer County Community College, Herkimer, NY
- OSHA – 30-Hour Course in Construction
- AGC Courses in Project Manager Development
- SBDC – Subcontractor Training with Turner Construction
- Certificate of Erosion & Sediment Control Training (SWPPP)